Jul 29, 2020
In episode #1458, we talk about the impact of big brands
boycotting Facebook and Instagram ads. A while ago, significant
brands pulled their ads from Facebook, demanding that the platform
implement stricter regulations around hate speech. Tune in to hear
what the short and long-term effects are!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: If Big Brands
Boycotting Facebook and Instagram Ads Make A Difference.
- [00:33] The context for the episode and what
companies are demanding from these platforms.
- [01:03] Facebook has many other stakeholders
to please and has therefore not done much.
- [01:14] Many big brands are pulling their ads
- [01:38] Why there will be a significant
short-term impact on platforms like Facebook.
- [01:49] In the long-run, it is likely that the
brands will turn on their Facebook ads again.
- [02:10] The relevance of incentives for
publicly traded companies.
- [02:48] This is just a slap on the wrist for
Facebook—but they still have the leverage.
- [03:08] The fact remains: Facebook drives a
ton of sales for things like e-commerce.
- [03:23] Work hard to build leverage and then
you no longer need to work as hard.
- [03:51] Mark Zuckerberg is not worth 70+
billion dollars for no reason!
- [03:55] That’s it for today!
- [03:57] To stay updated with events and learn
more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or text
us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know
in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a
Connect with Us: