Jan 5, 2017
In Episode #158, Eric and Neil discuss a how long it actually
takes for SEO to work. Having the right expectations in mind will
help you as you wait for results. Tune is as Eric and Neil discuss
their own experiences with SEO and the techniques that you can do
now to boost your traffic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How Long it Takes for SEO to
- 00:35 – For a brand new website, it takes 6 months to 1 year.
For an established website, it can take 6 months or more to get
- 00:50 – Neil shares his website’s ranking as an example
- 01:45 – It took Neil 9 months for him to see a decent
- 02:00 – The search traffic goes up slowly
- 02:39 – “It takes good placement to see traffic”
- 02:53 – Eric shares his own experience with SEO
- 03:12 – Eric decided to buy a decent age domain
- 04:00 – Eric made a lot of adjustments with the domain and
their website traffic went from hundreds to millions
- 04:54 – Redirecting an old domain to a new domain helps
- 05:03 – Having high brand keywords increases traffic
- 06:28 – Have an on-page SEO set up right
- 07:30 – There’s a lot of SEO consultants available and don’t be
afraid to approach them if you’re not confident enough setting up
- 08:19 – SEO takes time and effort, so be patient
- 08:27 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- There are no shortcuts in SEO, so BE patient as it takes time
and effort to see the results.
- To get that traffic, you need to focus on having a proper
on-page SEO setup.
- Do NOT be afraid to ask the experts—it’s better see real
results than to overestimate your abilities.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.