Oct 11, 2019
In episode #1167, we discuss how
you can get your first speaking gig and turn it into a paid
activity over time. It’s all about applying until you get accepted
and being consistent in showing up for these kinds of events. Tune
in to hear where you should go to apply and what you should do to
ensure successful delivery.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to
Get Your First Speaking Gig.
- [00:30] Neil and Eric’s
earliest speaking events and how they got
- [01:25] Why you should care
about getting a speaking gig.
- [01:52] Considering how you can
add value rather than the number of customers you can
- [02:05] How you get asked to
speak, doing it for free and when you start getting
- [02:45] Realizing that it takes
time, gaining experience and increasing your price as you
- [03:08] Examples of places
where you can apply online and volunteer to speak.
- [03:40] Preparing good content,
inquiring about the audience and asking what they
- [03:57] Nathan Latka’s
refreshing approach to his interview with Ashton Kutcher.
- [04:47] The importance of
speaking consistently and
always asking for feedback.
- [05:19] That’s it for
- [05:20] To stay updated with
events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the
Marketing School site
for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: