Jul 27, 2019
In episode #1091, Ryan Bonnici
walks us through his marketing hacks. Tune in to hear how you can
increase your probability of breakthrough marketing
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:52] Today’s Topic: How to
Increase Your Probability of Breakthrough Marketing
- [01:20] You should focus on
traffic before you focus on conversions.
- [01:51] Ryan is really social
and loves connecting with new people, so
follow him on
- [03:10] People don’t create
content for all stages of the funnel, which they absolutely
- [05:31] The conversion rate at
top-of-funnel traffic is obviously lower than at the bottom of the
- [06:10] Top marketers measure
content at a topic level.
- [09:40] It’s important to do
- [11:45] It’s important to have
a good relationship with sales.
- [12:00] You need to have a
strong common language between marketing and sales.
- [13:45] You need to set up an
- [15:40] It’s possible to
extrapolate future success from current sales metrics.
- [17:40] It’s important to
leverage good reviews.
- [18:00] HubSpot does a good job at being
- [18:25] Marketers need to have
more say in packaging and design.
- [18:40] RxBar is a great
example of transparent packaging.
- [21:00] There are not enough
marketers that create and build strong personal brands.
- [21:27] The most important part
of branding, is that you need to have a unique
- [22:35] Marketers must be
willing to exist in the public eye.
- [24:34] Creating content is
important to building your brand.
- [27:45] Beat your competitors
at their own game.
- [29:31] BuzzSumo helps you see what your competitors are
sharing, but not if the content is resonating with their
- [31:15] Make sure to wrap your
links, so you get more conversions.
- [31:30] If you’re scheduling a
lot of content, you need to check when your audience is
- [33:05] Email
Ryan if you want further
content from him and his company.
- [33:32] That’s it for
- [33:41] We are going to take
applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the
Marketing School site for more information and to
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this
episode? If so, please leave a short