Nov 30, 2017
In Episode #487, Eric and Neil discuss how to learn copywriting
when you suck at writing. Tune in to learn that you don’t have to
be an expert writer to be a copywriter. Focus on overcoming
objections and solving problems. They also shares books, tools, and
Time-stamped show notes:
- [00:28] - Today's topic: How to Learn Copywriting When You
Suck at Writing
- [00:43] - If you suck at writing, it doesn't mean you can't do
copywriting to compel people to take action.
- [01:00] - Read Persuasion
by Robert Cialdini and
The Boron Letters by Gary Halbert.
- [01:53] - Neil is great at copywriting, but not writing. He
learned he doesn't have to be the best writer from Frank Kern.
- [02:26] - You just need to be able to answer the customer's
- [02:43] - Survey your visitors and find their objections. Use
SurveyMonkey or any
- [02:49] - Find out why people aren't converting and answer
those objections in your copy.
- [03:08] - Solving people's problems will make them much more
likely to convert.
- [03:27] - AppSumo is based
on sending emails. Neville
Medhora from Kopywriting Kourse helped
Noah Kagan build AppSumo.
- [03:37] - You have to have good copy when sending emails.
- [03:58] - Also check out CopyBlogger and the podcast from
John McIntyre and Ben Settle’s
- [04:15] - When looking at copywriting think of the concept of
Seinfeld emails: talking about nothing or the story of your day and
weaving in your offer.
- [05:14] - Conversion rates are 1 to 3 percent. To get people to
convert, you have to create multiple ways to help your customers
convert into buyers.
- [06:29] - Talking to people and presenting information in the
right scenario can also help with conversion.
- [06:41] - That's it for today!
- [06:45] - Marketing
School is giving away a 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual
analytics tool. Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to
get your FREE copy.
- [06:53] - You can also learn how to win a one-year subscription
to Crazy Egg.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: