May 21, 2018
In episode #659, Eric and Neil
discuss how you can be an introvert and still network effectively.
Tune in to hear how you can overcome shyness and build
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
The Introverts Guide to
- [00:48] Eric is an introvert,
so networking was a struggle.
- [01:18] Eric and his friend had
no idea what to do at their first event. Then they realized that
other people were just as introverted.
- [01:40] At future events, they
just introduced themselves to anyone in the room they wanted to
speak with. It was a simple opening to future
- [02:08] Storytelling is an
important way to connect with others.
- [02:15] When people feel that
they know and understand you, they will connect with
- [02:40] When people feel a
commonality, they are more likely to work and connect with
- [03:00] Don’t force
connections, just find truths and similarities that can facilitate
- [03:35] Don’t be the person
just throwing their business cards at every single
- [03:55] Start with building ONE
- [04:20] You can throw dinners
for like-minded people (Mastermind Dinners).
- [05:01] It’s not how many
people you meet, but the quality of the connections.
- [05:15] Drinking isn’t
necessary, but it loosens people up.
- [05:32] Once you’re used to
networking, try to have real conversations with people. Go
- [06:08] That’s it for
- [06:12] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: